Action Inc. Operations Update as of 3.29.2020 at 4:30pm
While navigating this uncharted territory due to the continuing spread of COVID-19 infection, Action Inc. has focused significant efforts on planning to sustain our mission and ensure the safety of employees and clients and our community.
While this work continues, we have made temporary changes to our operations, most recently in response to guidelines set forth by Governor Steve Bullock on March 26, 2020. Below is the current status of the temporary changes for each department within the agency.
Action Inc. Headquarters – located at the Emma Park Neighborhood Center, we will temporarily restrict public access, and we have moved to Phone Appointments Only for clients. We will be accepting paperwork via a “drop box” method.
We will have limited staff working at our headquarters, and there are several staff working from home to ensure that our essential services will continue for our clients during this time. You can still reach us by phone at 406-533-6855 Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm.
- Homeless Services and Housing Services – We will continue meeting with clients by phone and working with our community partners to ensure continued delivery of services.
- “We Deliver”– program that provides free lunches at scattered sites around Butte-Silver Bow will continue. Staff have set-up a grab-and-go process for distributing the lunches while maintaining social distancing and taking precautions with appropriate PPE.
- LIIEAP – We are still accepting applications via our “drop box” and will communicate with clients as necessary by phone.
- Energy Share – We are still accepting applications via our “drop box” and will be communicating with those involved by phone.
- Youth Services – Staff will continue meeting with clients by phone.
- Housing Choice Voucher programs (Section 8) – We are still accepting paperwork via our “drop box” and will communicate with clients and landlords as necessary by phone.
- Head Start – Will remain closed through Friday, April 10, 2020, due to the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus crises. We tentatively intend to reopen on Monday, April 13, 2020. Our intent is to provide ongoing communication with families and educational lessons for children. We currently have staff available by phone at 406-723-4078 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Continental Gardens – We have restricted visitors to essential care providers only and have restricted the use of common areas within the facility.
- Weatherization – The majority of staff within this department have temporarily been furloughed due to Governor Bullock’s announcement on 3/26/2020 and the recommendation by our funders to suspend all weatherization work done on dwellings through April 10th.
- We are still responding to Heat Emergencies – Please call 406.565.8766 for assistance.
Action Inc. will keep you informed should COVID-19 affect any future agency operations.
While we don’t have all of the answers for what will happen with COVID-19, many people across our agency are working diligently to plan and coordinate with our community partners for multiple scenarios and keep our entire community informed.
Thank you for your ongoing commitment during this complicated time. We also appreciate your patience as we work through the many issues that the spread of COVID-19 has raised for all of our employees and clients.
If you would like additional information regarding the steps that Action Inc. is taking, please contact Jamie Paul at 406-533-6858 or email@example.com