- This event has passed.
Head Start Policy Council
March 16, 2017 @ 4:15 pm - 5:00 pm
The Policy Council is made up of parents of the Head Start students. These parents are elected to the Policy Council by other parents in the program. Each class will have one parent representative and one alternate from their classroom. There are also representatives from the community.
The Policy Council:
- Serves as a link between Head Start and the community.
- Has the opportunity to initiate suggestions and ideas fro program improvements.
- Plans, coordinates and organizes activities for parents.
- Recruits volunteer services from parents and community.
- Reviews and votes on all funding applications and amendments.
All Parents may attend Policy Council meetings. Only elected representatives may vote.
Meetings are held the third Thursday of every month at 4:15 pm – Head Start 1000 S. Arizona St.